Wednesday 20 January 2010

Gas Turbines, AC Electrics and Autoflight

With some of the old topics drawing to an end with Test 1s, these the new subjects we are picking up at the moment. Now that we’ve finished on Piston Engines, we get to study the rather more exciting Gas Turbine engines, the kind of which we’ll be playing around with for most of our career. AC Electrics really just carries on where DC left off, and we have our first couple of hours of Autoflight on Friday which sounds quite exciting! The pace of lessons has really just continued from where we left off, and even seems to have increased somewhat! We have 17 full days of classes left before School Finals, and the pressure really is on to get through all the material. Luckily, it all seems to be staying in my head a bit better now, but once again life is pretty much committed to working solid, with only a few hours in the evening for escape.

Our class is shrinking in size this week as one guy drops back a few courses. It’s a shame but it is his own decision. My personal feeling is that no matter what score I received in my Test 1s I would have kept going; the thought of having to go back to the beginning and effectively give myself another 2 months of Ground School is enough to send shivers down my spine!! Roll on Arizona, only 22 weeks away! :-S

No comments:

Post a Comment