Wednesday 13 January 2010

First Exams Down!

That’s right, the exams are over and the results are in…

  • Aircraft Systems – 93%
  • Instruments – 95%
  • Human Performance – 98%
  • Meteorology – 92%
  • Principles of Flight – 90%

That’s an average of 94%! Needless to say I’m very pleased with those results, some of which were a lot more than I thought I was capable of! We’ve reviewed all the papers in class as well and I have a good idea of where I went wrong. The key thing in this whole process has been learning the art of studying for exams. We have huge question banks online, and although it may be painful, it was enormously helpful to sit and trawl through those.

So now we move onto the second half of Phase 1. Some subjects continue, though we will be starting Gas Turbines and AC Electrics now, and a few other different ones later on. And in 4 and a bit weeks we’ll be sitting down for our School Finals, followed by a week of revision and then our first 7 JAA exams! The time seems to have flown so quickly already, and this next month is going to be very intense indeed. However, I do feel my learning processes have improved and I seem to be able to absorb the information we’re being given a lot better now. The key will be in maintaining the same level of work, and hopefully the same kind of grades next time around!

Finally, just as the thick snow surrounding Heyford began to clear, we were treated to a nice new layer this morning! Needless to say getting into the airport was a bit of an adventure, and we were actually sent home after a couple of lessons anyway. Has been pretty nice to have a day off though where I’ve just been able to relax, haven’t said that for a while! Keeping my fingers crossed that things are back to normal tomorrow though and we can have a full day of classes. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment