Monday 8 March 2010

London, Carrow Road & Duxford

It’s been a busy few days since we finished our exams, though for once it’s been because I’m having fun rather than doing work. Thursday night was party night as a few of the boys headed off to London for a night of celebrations. Thomas and I caught the megabus which was about an hour and a half’s journey, but was cheap and took us straight to thIMG00030-20100304-2252e centre of town. Without saying too much, we visited a few bars and a few clubs and a great night was had by all! Although I did completely forget  the tubes stop running at midnight so me and Thomas had to walk to Victoria (going past a deserted Buckingham Palace). We managed to just about find the bus and run for it, and arrived back in Heyford at around 4 in the morning. Out of bed then at 8 for the journey back home, and a nice dinner at my sister’s in Norwich.

I then made my first trip in a good few years to Carrow Road on Saturday to watch Norwich take on Yeovil, and absolutely hammer them on the pitch! Honestly, I’ve never seen such a one sided game of  football, our keeper only had one shot to save the whole game and we managed toIMG00057-20100306-1506 stroll to a 3-0 victory. Not only that, but Dee, my sister’s fiancée, bumped straight in to Delia Smith and her husband as soon as we entered the ground! It was a great day altogether, finished off with a meal at Chiquito and a Sunday of Playstation 3 at Holly and Dee’s house.

Then today, me and a few of the guys from AP308 headed out to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford to have a look at the huge selection of historic aircraft they have on display. As well as sights of the de Havilland Comet, the Vulcan, the Viscount, the Shackleton and the flying Fortress, we were able to climb on board Concorde 101. It was amazing to see such an important and captivating piece of aviation history, and having a looIMG00089-20100308-1218k around inside was something I never thought I would be able to do. We also got a  great view of the cockpit. It was a great day, and we were even able to relate some of our newly discovered aviation knowledge to what we saw!

Perhaps a few quiet days now before I head off to Swansea on Friday for a week of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment