Thursday 3 December 2009

Principles of Fright

Time certainly does fly (excuse the pun), it's nearly the end of my third week of Ground School, and those first tests are getting nearer and nearer already! Basically, they split the 14 exams in to two halves, so we are studying for the first 7 at the moment. We have a set of progress exams called Test 1s halfway through, then another set called School Finals just before we take our JAA exams, and then the same with the second 7 subjects. Our test 1s are scheduled for 11th and 12th January, and we have a week and a half of Xmas in between so they really aren't that far away! Plus AP309, the new course, start this Friday so already we won't be the newbies any more!


As I mentioned before, the work load really is quite solid. As well as a full day at school, we do a few hours recapping in the evening depending on where we got to in classes, and then tend to use the weekend to review the whole weeks work. I seem to be doing okay on the questions Oxford set, which will be the questions used in the school exams, it's just that there is an overwhelming amount of details to remember, and I worry that some new information will start to push the old stuff out of my mind. Just need to make it to the JAAs and then I won't need to know half this stuff again!


I was also lucky enough to do a bit of flying this weekend just gone. One of the guys here at Heyford had a single engine piston rating to renew by flying a few circuits so I sat in the back seat and was able to take a few photos. Was nice to be able to see the area and was very good to be sitting in an aeroplane again! Reminded me why I was here!

No comments:

Post a Comment